Mediator Academy is a
Recognised Course Provider
Mediator Academy is a Recognised Course Provider for the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb).
Earn a digital Professional Development Certificate and show off your newly acquired skills and competence. When you successfully complete this course you will receive a Professional Development Certificate for 15 CPD Hours.
Why Sign Up for this Course?
This course is a complete foundation in mediation business creation, development and marketing. From identifying the most suitable niche market and how to network and establish yourself as an authority to creating all your brand and marketing assets so that you can feel confident and focused as you get you referral engine started. This will be essential for your business.
Starting a mediation business can be tough (in fact any business), there are so many moving parts it’s hard to know where to focus your resources and time to get the best return on your investment. Galvanise was created to take all the guesswork and frustration out of starting and marketing your mediation business so you can be laser focused and productive as you convert your conversations into cases.
This online course will help you learn:
- How to avoid the costly and time consuming mistakes most mediators make when starting out.
- How to identify the right market for you and position yourself in it strategically.
- How to attract the right kind of customer (that will pay you for your expertise).
- How to position yourself and stand out from other mediators in your market.
- How to cultivate relationships with influencers and referrers and be the first mediator they call.
- Which complimentary services can help your cash register 'tick over'.
- Which networking events you should be targeting and conversational tactics that give you genuine confidence.
- How to sell yourself, your skills and expertise confidently and congruently.
- How to create a professional brand, website and digital assets on a shoestring budget.
- How to get your referral engine started and keep it topped up with fuel.
- How to build an efficient and effective marketing system on a shoestring budget.
- How to convert enquiries into cases and overcome resistance to mediation.
- How to win the trust and confidence of lawyers so they work with you not against you.
- How to establish a unique online presence and confidently use the right social media channels.
Meet your Faculty of Mediation Titans
Learn directly from these accomplished mediators and thought leaders from around the world.
Provide a credible proof of skill and competence
Earn a Digital Certificate and 15 CPD hrs
Earn our Professional Development Certificate when you successfully complete this course. Our digital certificates use blockchain credentialing technology to issue a verifiable credential that increases third-party confidence in the authenticity of your certificate and enable you to show off your skills on LinkedIn profiles, websites and your digital CV.
How long will this course take to complete?
Galvanise is an Online Course that will require a minimum time investment of approximately 20 hours. The course is designed in such a way that you can work entirely at your own pace and in your own time.
- Working at your own pace means you don't have to miss any key steps in the process. You can pause, playback any video lessons as many times as you need and take your time completing the exercises.
- Working in your own time means you can pause after each activity, lesson or module. Work day or night, in your lunch hour or weekends.
- You’ll also have access to all the course materials for a full 12 months after registration.
Founder | CEO
30-Day 100% No Questions Asked Money Back Guarantee
If for any reason you decide this course is not for you or it doesn’t exceed your expectations then simply send me an email and I will personally issue you a full 100 % REFUND IMMEDIATELY.
What Are Mediators Saying About The Galvanise Course?
"At first I wasn’t sure whether it would be worth my while but the Galvanise course was incredibly valuable for someone like me who is starting out.
The practical advice from the titans was instructive and validating and left me feeling confident about the next steps.
The exercises and additional marketing resources were just spot on and will continue to save me a great deal of time."
Lawyer & Mediator - Florida | USA
“Like anything, you get out of it what you put into it and this Galvanise course was outstanding value. The modules covering Marketing and Niche Selection were excellent as I'm just starting out and I particularly liked the downloadable activities and additional resources because it meant you had to take action and implement your learning.
I wouldn't recommend this course to any of my competitors - it was that good!”
Mediator & Consultant London | UK
"Getting exposed to real mediation titans and their genuine and practical advice was priceless. Having recently trained, I found the checklists and concrete strategies from the faculty gave me the confidence and structure to feel the fear and go for it!
I got so much more from Galvanise than I would ever get from a 1-day seminar - there is just no comparison. I highly recommend it."
Mediator - Cork | Ireland
Included in the GALVANISE Course..
10+hrs of Exclusive Video curated into easily digestible lessons
Downloadable Learning Portfolio
So everything is easy to access in one place
Exclusive Discussion Forum
Chat directly with your Galvanise
Community and Q&A with members of faculty
30-Day 100% No Questions Asked
Money Back Guarantee
If for any reason you decide this programme is not for you or it doesn’t exceed your expectations
then simply send us an emial and we’ll issue a full 100 % REFUND IMMEDIATELY.
Here's how the Galvanise Course Will Give You an Unfair Advantage:
This is a Complete Foundation in Mediation Business Development and Marketing to Help You Go From a Standing Start to Mediation Ready and Beyond
Module 1 - First day at school; meet the faculty and your fellow students and prepare for learning and action.
- Get fully immersed into your online learning environment.
- Deep dive into the course curriculum.
- Meet the faculty of titans.
- Introduce yourself to your fellow students who will be on the journey with you.
- Start with the end in mind.
Module 2 - Most new businesses fail because of poor execution. This module will inoculate you against this so skip this module at your peril!
- Prepare you for the journey of running your own mediation business.
- How you can cultivate a laser-like focus on high value tasks.
- Mediation mindset - lessons from the faculty of titans.
- A blueprint for self-leadership and execution.
- Create your mediation manifesto.
Module 3 - This is where it starts to get real.
- Identify the best mediation niche for you
- How to research your niche, identify the pain point and craft your USP.
- Competitor analysis, product positioning and how to get an edge on the competition.
- Identifying, reaching and talking to the key influencers and referrers in your niche.
- Confidence building and techniques to walk into any networking event as you start to build your referral network.
Module 4 - Jam packed with marketing tools, tactics and shortcuts to save you a huge amount of time and money.
- How and when to use online and offline marketing strategies.
- Guaranteed 'hacks' and tips to save you $1000's in branding, web-design and marketing.
- Tactics and advice from the titans to differentiate yourself from 95% of the mediation brands out there (it's not that difficult once you know how).
- How and where to get a professional brand and all your online marketing assets.
- How to effortlessly sell yourself as a mediator and your services into organisations.
Module 5 - Ignition! You'll have the systems, structures and assets in place to get and welcome your first few clients.
- Design your 30-day marketing plan around the 'triple C' formula.
- Let's talk about fees, how and what do you charge for your services (more than one way to skin a cat - learn from our titans).
- Create your Launch Pack and have your admin ready for that first case (agreements to mediate etc).
- How to handle bumps in the road and what to if the going gets tough.
- How to design your personal boardroom as you go from strength to strength.
This course has been built around the wisdom and success recipes of mediation titans. These are experienced mediators who have all built full-time mediation practices in the commercial, family and organisational fields. You will learn real-world practical and proven strategies and a structure and systems to implement in your own context to help you achieve your goals.
Meet Your Faculty
(Click on an image for more information about each faculty member)
Aled is the founder and CEO of MediatorAcademy.com. He’s been involved in the field of mediation and conflict resolution for more than 15 years. Aled has mediated all sorts of disputes and trained 100’s of commercial mediators. Before that he was a commercial diver and ran a diamond mining business in Central Africa - and that’s another story altogether!
Austin worked as an accountant and business adviser in professional practice from 1976 to 2008. Since 2005 he has mediated a huge range of two party and multi-party cases in a large range of subject areas. Austin has significant commercial mediation experience as Lead Mediator, Co-Mediator and Assistant Mediator and has worked with clients of small and large legal practices in Ireland and the UK.
Professor of Conflict Studies, Program on Negotiation and Conflict Resolution, Creighton University, and a founding partner of CDR Associates. Bernie has provided conflict intervention for families, communities, NGO’s, unions, corporations, and governmental agencies throughout North America and internationally for over 35 years. He has published a range of books and articles. Bernie received the 2015 John Haynes Distinguished Mediator Award, presented by the Association for Conflict Resolution and the 2013 President’s Award presented by the Association of Family Conciliation Courts.
Heather is known as a Networking & Personal Brand Expert and Boardroom Match-Maker and speaks, trains, coaches and writes about these skills and opportunities. She has created a unique service called Boardroom Ready which matches senior executives from FTSE500 and other top ranking organisations with the boards of AIM listed, privately owned and SMEs companies. She is an expert is networking and communications.
Jane Player is a highly experienced mediator who regularly mediates a wide range of commercial disputes both here in the UK and has had experience of mediation in Europe, Asia and Africa. Jane’s expertise focuses on general corporate and contractual claims, fraud and project disputes and IP claims and media disputes. She also has a leading reputation for managing cross-cultural aspects of joint venture and international shareholder disputes.
Adrienne qualified as a family mediator in 1999 and ceased practicing as a solicitor to focus on family mediation in 2002. She is an accredited Family Mediator with the Legal Services Commission andResolution. She is also a Family Mediation Consultant (Professional Practice Consultant), a Family Mediation trainer and qualified to consult directly with children as part of Family Mediation process. She worked as a family mediator from 2002 – 2012 with large legal aid mediation service and established own family mediation business in 2012.
Marion is a senior family lawyer, accredited mediator, and specialist in Collaborative Law and mediation. Marion teaches dispute resolution internationally. Marion has taken a leading role throughout her career, serving in leadership positions and on committees that promote positive approaches to resolving differences. She appears on radio and television as an advocate for separating families. Author of When Harry Left Sally: Finding your way through grey divorce.
Mark Small first worked in the superyacht industry which eventually led him to setting up his company Mediate Ireland. He has become highly regarded in his area of expertise and mediates a huge range of commercial and civil disputes. Alongside his thriving mediation practice, he has experience working with EU bodies, was involved in setting up Ireland’s commercial mediation pilot project and contributed to shaping Ireland’s Mediation Act, 2017.
Sabine is a mediator, trainer and lecturer and runs a busy national and cross-border mediation practice alongside teaching and training. She specialises in family, land and succession disputes and Cross-Border Mediation and International Family Mediation. She is a regular writer for the Kluwer Mediation Blog, has published articles on mediation and mediator education and is co-editor of the EU Mediation Law Handbook (Kluwer, 2017).
Steve Sugarman is a lawyer and mediator in Kenmore, New York. In addition to a private mediation practice, he serves on community and court mediator panels and is a mediation and collaborative law trainer. He also is an adjunct professor at the University at Buffalo School of Law. He has conducted thousands of hours of mediation in divorce and a range of other cases.